Friday, November 11, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Hot Wire

Have you tried the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips? This was my first time all thanks to Blue Polish! Today is day 12 of wearing the polish strips!

Hot Wire (w/ flash)
Hot Wire

I wore the Halloween edition nail polish strip in Hot Wire as my last mani of October & to end my month long of Halloween mani's. The Salon Effects mentions that the polish strips last up to ten days, so I wanted to put that to the test. More than ten days of the same thing on my nails... I haven't done that in a long time.

Inside the little box.

The package came with 2 packs of 8 nail strips. Each pack had enough strips to give yourself a full mani. That makes the price of the product a little more reasonable.

8 Strips

So did the nail strips last 10 days on my nails? Yes, it did! I have been wearing the nail strips for 12 days today, without base or topcoat & only experienced a little tip wear. I was able to get a fitting size for every finger except for my pinky, the smallest strip was a little on the small size. I read that you can stretch it out, I need to try that next time.

Hot Wire (w/ flash)

This is 12 days of wearing the Salon Effects. It still looks good, doesn't it? I just had a little bit of tip wear, but other than that, it looks as good as the first day I had it on. I should of taken a picture on the first day to compare it. My nails grew quite a bit during this nail adventure, it needs a little filing.

Hot Wire

Day 12

Slight tip wear

Overall, I think the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Strips are a good deal if you're looking for a mani that'll last awhile. I'll definitely be buying a few in the future now, like Snow Bunny & Winter Funderland from the holiday collection.

No comments: